BIBLICAL AND THEOLOGICAL TRAINING PROGRAM
The Biblical and Theological Training Program of Open Eyes Mission exists to train pastors/ministers, missionaries, church planters, elders, deacons and Bible study leaders. Faculty and students are committed to the authority of Holy Scripture and seek to interpret the Scriptures in accordance with the Reformed confessions (Belgic Confession, Heidelberg Catechism, Canons of Dordt, the Westminster Confession and Catechisms, and the London Baptist Confession of Faith). Academic excellence and practical relevance for the ministry are of paramount importance.
- Short-term Training Program (every summer)
- Long-term Training Program
- Level 1: Bible Study Leaders’ Course (1 year)
- Level 2: Office-Bearers’ Course (1 year)
- Level 3: Ministerial Course (for pastors, missionaries and church Planters, 3 years or more)
Both Skype and live classes are conducted. The teachers are ministers and professors of Biblical studies and theology of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC), Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), United Reformed Churches in North America (URCNA) and other member churches/denominations of the North American Presbyterian And Reformed Council (NAPARC), as well as of churches, seminaries and institutions that are conservative evangelical.
- Biblical Studies (Old and New Testaments)
- Hermeneutics and Exegesis
- Systematic Theology (Dogmatics)
- Creeds and Confessions (Symbolics)
- Preaching (Homiletics)
- Evangelism and Catechism
- Defending the Christian Faith (Apologetics)
- Church Government
- Church History
Some of the subjects are for the Ministerial Course only, but everyone is welcome to enroll and attend those classes.
Special Concentration Courses
- Church Planting
- Cross-cultural Missions (local and international)
Special Training Events
- Semestral Break Training – 7 days in October
- Summer Training – 30 days in April and May
Long-term Ministerial Training (Level 3) for pastors, missionaries and church planters were conducted previously in Cagayan de Oro. It included a 3-year Classroom Instruction (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 12 noon) and On-the-Job Training. The whole program is projected to be transfered to Manila, the capital city of the Philippines.
- Conducting Bible Studies
- Campus Ministry
- Evangelistic Outreaches
- Expository Preaching
- Catechetical Preaching
- Church Planting
- Denominational Church Order
- Theological and Ministerial Teaching
- Cross-cultural Missions
As soon as trainees of the Ministerial Course are ready, arrangements will be made for examination and ordination to be officiated by a team of PCA ministers.
OPEN EYES MISSION
4C3 Bldg. 6 GSIS Metro Homes
Pureza Street, Santa Mesa
Tel. No. + 63 (920) 913-3231