A 2-part Gospel feast on Genesis 1:1-3 from Pastor Glem Melo
Preached at First Church (PCA) in Lansing, IL, U.S.A.
Listen to the sermons:
– Out of nothing
– Earth was formless, empty, and dark
– The Holy Spirit hovering
– God speaking
– We are nothing, formless, empty, and dark.
– In his incarnation, life, death, and burial, Christ became nothing, formless, empty, and dark in order to save us from nothingness, formlessness, emptiness, and darkness.
– Because of His atoning sacrifice and death, we are saved and free from the curse and bondage of nothingness, formlessness, emptiness, and darkness.
– Because of His atoning sacrifice and death, God gave us the Holy Spirit.
– Because of Jesus, by His Spirit and word God forms, fills, and “lights” us.
1. Humility and Repentance – We are nothing without God.
2. Faith and Gratitude – Christ died for our sins and to gave us His Holy Spirit.
3. Devotion to God’s word – The Holy Spirit uses His word to save the unsaved and to nurture and grow the saved.