“Please remember to pray for us, especially for the victims-survivors. May the Holy Spirit sustain the faithful teaching and preaching of God’s word, may He draw many to Christ, and may He establish His church among them.” – Pastor Glem Melo
Almost 5 months after Tropical Storm Washi (local name Sendong) brought death and devastation in our region (Northern Mindanao), more than 100,000 people are still homeless. They live in evacuation centers (EC) and tent cities (TC).
For almost 5 months now, we have been serving, evangelizing and discipling children and families who are living in temporary shelters. With our partner churches and ministries, services are rendered in 5 sites, benefiting hundreds of IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons).
- Right after the flood, 3 families have been evacuated and stayed in our house.
- Twelve (12) families from the slums of Isla de Oro were served. Food, medicine, clothes and other relief goods were provided weekly.
- More than 50 persons (mostly children) with Leptospirosis were visited and served.
- Thirty seven (37) pastors and church leaders were trained in Child Friendly Space (CFS) Operation and Management and Protective Behavior for Children.
- Twenty seven (27) pastors and…
View original post 542 more words